Two Bougnas. Bougna is a traditional meal of chicken, seafood, rousette (you will see :), and vegetables like cooking bananas, yams and tomatoes in a coconut sauce wrapped up in banana leaves and traditionally cooked in a ground oven
Mom chopping up the fruit for lunch
Opening up the Bougna. One had rousette aka "flying fox" aka BAT and the other had chicken.
Kinda looks like a baked Chihuahua to me
.
.
Yummmm....
Wabe
Cameron about to eat one of the bat's eyeballs.
Enjoying the meal.
From left to right: Jean Gravil, Chris, Graeme and Caroline Young from Australia just here for the day during Cruise Ship stop, and Rosearia
From left to right: Jean Gravil, Chris, Graeme and Caroline Young from Australia just here for the day during Cruise Ship stop, and Rosearia
I think I would have to be a vegetarian there! No bats for me!! Or at the very least...crispy! You are very brave Cameron! Easter was quiet here for us but we are celebrating on Sat. All the kids will be around. Leta & I are baking Paska. Love you......Auntie Mary
ReplyDelete